1. From the dashboard, click on CREATE NEW in the "My Quizzes" section of the Dashboard.
2. Enter the initial information needed to create a quiz (TITLE, DATE, QUESTION BANK, TOPICS). The topics you choose will narrow down the questions available to use when you get to the next step. Switch the format to MCQ using the 'FORMAT' toggle if you have selected a MCQ Question Bank. (MCQ Question Banks can be used to set either MCQ or Free Text quizzes.)
MCQ Question Banks can be identified by the MCQ symbol .
3. Enter the number of questions you would like to have on the quiz then click "SELECT QUESTIONS" to choose the questions you wish to include. A screen like below will appear. You can see the (up to 4) distractors by clicking 'SHOW':
4. Once you have chosen your questions, click "CONFIRM SELECTION". You'll then be able to click ASSIGN at the bottom right of the "New Quiz" screen. Quizzes can be assigned to your own classes for Silver and Gold users, or to classes across your School or MAT if you're a Platinum user. Click 'Create Quiz' as the final step.
Now that your quiz has been created, you can share it with your students via the 'My Quizzes' section of your Dashboard. Just click on the three dots under the ACTIONS column, and click CREATE LINK. MCQ quizzes in your dashboard can be easily identified by the MCQ icon highlighted below.
Below is what students will see when taking an MCQ quiz:
Tips for creating a quiz
- The DEADLINE field is used to organise your My Quizzes dashboard chronologically. For 'DEADLINE' you can choose date set, date due, or even something else. Quizzes do not lock after the date has passed.
- You don't have to select any topics as all topics will be selected by default, but if you do, the questions that appear when you click SELECT QUESTIONS will be limited to the topics chosen.
- Use REVISION MODE to let students see questions in flashcard form. REVISE TOPICS will give students access to all the flashcards for all topics included in the quiz; REVISE QUESTIONS will give access only to flashcards for the questions that have been included in the quiz.