When you have a MIS integration with your Carousel subscription, activating subjects serves two purposes:
- It makes the subject appear in “Subject” dropdowns throughout the product.
- It affects what other data we sync from your MIS, such as teachers, students and classes.
Please note that we import relevant data from your MIS during the night after you have activated your subjects. That means it can take up to 24 hours for associated teacher / student / class data to appear in Carousel.
There are two steps to adding subjects to your Carousel Platinum subscription. First, you have to activate the subject, and then you need to link, or map, the ‘Carousel Subject’ to those subjects as they appear in your school’s MIS.
- Adding Carousel subjects.
a) To activate subjects in a Carousel Platinum subscription:
- Go to the ‘SUBJECTS’ tab, in ‘MY ACCOUNT’ (accessed via the dropdown menu under the roundel with your initials).
- In the left-hand column, under the heading ‘CAROUSEL SUBJECT’, click on the dropdown menu and select the subject from the list that appears.
Once selected, that subject has now been activated on Carousel Platinum:
NB: Primary users must activate 'Registration'
b) To delete a subject:
- Click on the “meatballs” menu icon ●●● under ‘ACTIONS’, and click ‘DELETE’.
- Linking Carousel subjects to MIS subjects.
Once the subjects that fall under the Carousel Platinum subscription have been activated, you must link them to the subjects as they exist in your school’s MIS.
- On the right column “LINKED MIS SUBJECT(S)”, select the MIS subject to be linked to the Carousel Subject. For example, the Carousel subject “Biology” can be linked to the MIS subject “BIO-KS3”.
Please remember that associated teacher / student / class data may take up to 24 hours to appear in Carousel.
Tips and Tricks:
If you want to include English as a Carousel Subject, don't forget you may also want to activate English Language and English Literature in order to see all the available Question Banks for this subject.