When MIS integration is enabled, users will be automatically linked from your school MIS to Carousel; but Platinum admins still need to invite teachers into the Platinum subscription. The article below explains how.
1. Add users to the Carousel Platinum subscription
- Go to the ‘USERS’ tab, in ‘MY ACCOUNT’. From here you will be able to add the users you wish to include in your Carousel Platinum subscription. (Please note, however, that it will still necessary to "invite" them after they have been added, which means that they'll be sent an email giving them access to their account and inviting them to set a password [see step 2]).
- Click on 'ADD USER' to bring up a window where you can select a user you want to add from a list of emails.
- We want to add Mr. Grayson.
- Select the email you want from the dropdown list:
- The default User Permission is 'USER'. For more information on User Permissions see section 3 below.
- Click 'Add User' to add the user to the Users table.
- If you have a Platinum subscription for your entire school, you may want to use the 'ADD ALL TEACHERS' button. This will populate your Users table with all the teachers in your school's MIS.
2. Invite users to access their Carousel account
Once you have added teachers to the Users table, they still need to be sent an email inviting them to join Carousel.
- To send multiple invites at once, click on the checkbox beside the user name to select the users you want to invite, and then click on ‘INVITE SELECTED’.
- Click the checkbox beside FIRST NAME to select all users on the page. If your Users table runs to several pages, you will need to invite all Users on each page.
- To send individual invites, select the user account you want to invite by clicking on ‘INVITE’ on the meatballs menu icon (●●●) under ‘ACTIONS’. The user will then receive an email with a link to set a new password.
- Once a user has set up their password, their status will change from 'Invited' to 'Active' and they will be able to access their Platinum account.
- NOTE: If you invite a teacher and their link expires, all they need to do is go to https://app.carousel-learning.com/teacher/access, enter the email address you invited them by and continue, then click 'I have forgotten my password'. They can then set a password and access the Platinum account successfully without needing to receive another Invite email.
3. Edit teacher profiles
- On the meatballs menu icon (●●●) under `ACTIONS`, click on `EDIT` to change teacher profiles.
First and last name and Email will come pre-filled and can’t be edited.
Teacher name will come pre-filled with “Title + name”, e.g. “Mr. Boxer”, but it can be edited.
Role and Permission are editable.
Role: the role of this teacher within the school
Permission: it can be either “Owner”, “Admin” or “User”. Platinum Subscriptions can have only one Owner, but an unlimited number of admins. Owners and Admins have the same permissions; the main difference is that the Owner is our lead contact for general account issues etc.
We recommend nominating at least one other Admin for the account to ensure account management is unaffected by the availability of the Owner.
4. Check user status
The user status will appear under the heading 'STATUS', and can be:
- ‘NOT INVITED YET’ means that an invitation needs to be sent, in order to add this user to the Platinum subscription.
- ‘INVITED’ means that the invitation has been sent but the user has not yet logged in.
- ‘ACTIVE’ means that the user has logged in.
- ‘DEAUTHORISED’ means a user was previously active but has been deauthorised. Note: You must deauthorise teachers who leave the school for GDPR compliance.
5. Incorporate existing Carousel users into the Platinum Subscription
- If you have a user that has previously created a Carousel individual account (e.g. our Gold and Silver subscriptions), you can add them the same way you would another new user. When you send them the ‘Invite’ email, they will just need to follow the link and re-enter their password to join the Platinum account. Their existing quizzes will appear in a new tab in the My Quizzes dashboard called ‘Quizzes (migrated)’, however they will be permanently locked (so please check with them that they don't have active homework set first!) If a teacher wishes to re-use the content of that quiz, they can duplicate it to their active Quizzes dashboard.
- If a you are part of a MAT, teachers can be associated with more than one organisation; they will appear on the Add User list of any school they are in the MIS of, and can be invited to join other organisations in the same way new users are added
- When teachers are part of multiple Platinum accounts, they can toggle which one they’re accessing via a new drop-down in the top-right corner
- Question Banks will operate independently of the organisation, so when a teacher toggles between schools, they will see the same Question Banks on their dashboard (apart from School QBs which aren’t permitted to be shared in other schools)
- All other data, such as classes and quizzes, will be school-dependant, so a teacher will only see their classes and quizzes of whichever school they’ve selected at the time