We recommend that during the initial setup of Carousel Platinum you use an Excel template to upload students and classes to the platform. Click here to read our article on uploading students and classes via a template.
However, you can also manually add or remove students or assign them to a class, and this article tells you how.
1. Adding students:
- Go to the 'STUDENTS' tab in 'MY ACCOUNT'.
- Click on 'ADD STUDENT'; then add First and Last names, and Year Group (student UPN is optional), then click 'SAVE'.
- Once added, the student will be shown in the student list.
2. Removing students:
- Click on 'REMOVE STUDENTS'; then select the student or students you want to remove and then click 'REMOVE SELECTED STUDENT(S)'.
These students will be removed from the Students table but will not be deleted from the system and their quiz data will be preserved.
To remove all unassigned students click ‘REMOVE STUDENTS then ‘REMOVE UNASSIGNED STUDENTS’. If the ‘REMOVE UNASSIGNED STUDENTS’ button is unavailable this means there are no unassigned students in your Student table.
3. Adding or removing class assignments:
Students whose names already appear in the student list can be manually added to classes.
- To find a student:
a) Use the FILTER STUDENTS function and type the student's name or surname.
b) Manually scroll through the list of student names.
- Find the class to which you want to assign the student by scrolling to the right. You can use the FILTER CLASSES function to filter by Class, Subject or Teacher Email.
- Click on the cell that corresponds to the student's name (row) and the relevant class (column). When a Y appears, this indicates that the student is now a member of that class.
- Clicking on the Y will remove it, indicating that the student is no longer assigned to that class.
Tips and Tricks: The fastest way to remove large numbers of students in one go is to upload a spreadsheet in which the students and classes are listed, but which have blank class assignments (i.e. no cells contain a Y). Once this has uploaded, you can simply remove the unassigned students using the REMOVE STUDENTS button, as explained in point 2 above.
4. Permanently deleting students:
Removed students are removed from the Students table but are not deleted from Carousel. In order to permanently delete students from Carousel you must first remove them (see section 2 above) and then delete them.
If you have previously removed students, the ‘DELETE STUDENTS’ button will be available.
Clicking on it will bring up a warning message, like the one below. To permanently delete the students and their records from Carousel, click Permanently Delete Students.
5. Editing Class teacher:
If the teacher of the class changes, you can update the information in the table on STUDENTS tab.
- Click on the pencil icon beside the TEACHER EMAIL.
- Select or deselect the associated teachers from the list of Users and SAVE CHANGES.