There are a few issues that people can experience when trying to register for Carousel. This article runs through the most common ones, and explains how to resolve them.
1. I've entered all the details but the "REGISTER" button is greyed out.
The most common reason that the "REGISTER" button is greyed out is because a mandatory registration field has been left empty, so check you've completed all the necessary information.
Another issue that sometimes comes up is that there are two bottoms that need checking before the REGISTER button can be clicked: the "agree to terms of service" box and the "I'm not a robot" box. Remember to select both, as you won't be able to complete the registration process without doing this.
2. My school is in England and Wales but I can't find it on the list
In this situation, the issue is most likely to be how you're searching for the school, so try the following to locate it.
- Use the postcode / Local Authority as well as the school name. Some school names are very common, so you may find it quicker to search for the school's postcode or Local Authority. You can use any combination of name, Unique Reference Number, Local Authority and postcode in the search box.
- Double check the spelling. It's easy to type part of the name incorrectly, or use an abbreviated version when the official records use a full name - so double-check you've entered it exactly as per the school's official name.
NOTE: Carousel is popular with schools, but any school, college or university in England and Wales can be selected from the dropdown:
3. I am affiliated with a school but it's not in England and Wales
If you are not able to find your school or academy on our list and have tried our tips in step 2 then please follow these instructions:
- When you get to the registration form, type "your school name" in the school selector. A box will show up saying "No school exists with those details. Click here to add your school" as seen below.
- Click on the box and you'll see that some additional free text fields show up. Enter your school details in these fields. That should allow you to complete your registration.
4. I'm not affiliated with a school
If you are a tutor or other form of educator then you can still register for Carousel as follows:
- When you get to the registration form type something that identifies your situation in the school selector - e.g. "tutor account". A box will show up saying "that school does not exist" and asking you to click to add details.
- Click the box and then enter "Tutor Account" again as the school name, and put your own postcode / country.
If you try all these steps and are still encountering an issue, please contact us - we will be happy to help you.
Please sign in to leave a comment.