This article describes the 5 configuration steps required to connect Carousel to your Azure AD, to take advantage of single sign-on within your organisation.
Single Sign-On is available for Platinum subscriptions with MIS integration.
Before you start
In order to configure the Carousel app for your organisation, you will need to have the "Global Administrator" role in your Microsoft Azure account. If you are not an Azure Active Directory administrator in your organisation, please forward these instructions to an administrator so that they can continue.
If you want to enable SSO for students (as well as teachers), you first need to enable the student email scope via Wonde. To do this, you or someone with Admin permissions for the school's Wonde portal will need to head to the 'Permissions' section, then toggle on the optional 'Student > Students contact details read > Students email read' permission.
Once you've enabled it, please wait for an overnight sync to take place (so we have the student's emails in our database) before going ahead with the below steps.
1. Access the Carousel Azure AD app via this link.
2. If you are already logged in as the Microsoft Azure administrator account, you can skip to step 3. If you are not yet logged in, you will see a dialog box similar to to the following. Sign in as instructed.
3. Once logged in, you will see a Permission Request similar to the following. Click Accept.
4. Once you've clicked accept you should be redirected back to the Carousel login screen. Please note that this does not yet mean that SSO is active for your organisation.
5. To complete SSO setup for your MAT or School, contact our helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org and request SSO activation for your MAT or School. Please only do this after completing steps 1-4 above. Once SSO is enabled, your MAT/School's users will only be able to log on with SSO, and they will no longer need their old Carousel passwords.
If you have any issues with the authorisation process, please contact our helpdesk at email@example.com.
Note: When SSO is activated you can still login to Quizzes and Study Packs assigned to the Carousel Demo class using the Demo student's first name/last name.